Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Jamie Oliver's Baked Camembert Pasta

Okay, so with me now being jobless...I will have a little more time to cook some things in the kitchen to help out. This afternoon I opened up my Jamie Oliver Ministry of Food (Food Revolution) cookbook to finally make the pasta that has been making me drool since the book was bought.

The other day I bought camembert just for this and was going to add zucchini to the pasta rather than spinach...but lo and behold, I found spinach in the fridge! Who would have thought? I was very impressed, it was all coming together.

The recipe is simple...uses very basic ingredients and was perfect to make for the first day of December. This serves 4-6 and is perfect to enjoy at lunch (so you can still burn some of it off before bedtime :) )
Jamie Oliver's Baked Camembert Pasta
1- 8 oz box of Camembert cheese
2 cloves of garlic (I used 3)
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
pasta (I used rotini)..approx 1 pound
6 cups of fresh spinach
4 oz Parmesan cheese(grated) (I used Peccorino, which I adore instead)
Preparations...
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Open & unwrap the cheese and place in the wooden box.
Cut a circle into the top skin of the camembert...lift off and throw away.
Peel garlic, slice and put on top of the cheese.. scatter with rosemary leaves.
Drizzle cheese and ingredients with olive oil.
Place the cheese on a cookie sheet and put in the ready oven for 25 mins...until melted and golden.
Prepare your pasta (1. Boil water 2. Add salt to water 3. Add pasta and cook for approx 10 minutes)
Add fresh spinach leaves to pasta for ten seconds....pour spinach and pasta into colander over a bowl in order to save some of the pasta water.
Put pasta & spinach mixture back into the pot. Drizzle with olive oil and add grated parmesan. Stir to combine...add some pasta water if needed.
Add salt & fresh ground pepper.
Divide pasta into bowls.
Drizzle the camembert over the individual bowls of pasta.
Simple. Easy. Delicious and impressive.

No comments: