Okay... so it's already July. WTF? Seriously. Summer is almost over. (I suppose it's not..but it always feels that way when Canada Day comes around. Anyway... I figured I had better break the rest of my summer into chunks of things I need and want (and should) be doing.
So...here we go!
* Revitalize my paleo eating. Admittedly I fell off the wagon for a few months there. *sigh*
Here's my "eating plan" for this week...to keep me on track (and a makeshift grocery list I suppose)
Breakfast: Smoothie - (Spinach/banana/Ontario strawberries(!)/coconut milk/maca powder/cocoa/hulled help hearts), 2 coffees
Lunch: Salmon, sweet potato soup, cupcake (don't ask)
Snack: Kale chips
Dinner: Chicken, cucumber, tomato and red pepper salad
Exercise Plan: Stretching/Arm Workout/Treadmill
Breakfast: Smoothie - (Spinach/peaches/orange/mango/David's Tea: Bubbly/water/maca powder), 1 coffee
Lunch : (at a workshop - to be determined...likely a sandwich in the Distillery district )
Snack : Mixed seeds/nuts
Dinner: Shrimp, sweet potato soup, green salad
Exercise Plan: Stretching/Leg workout/Video
Breakfast: Smoothie (Spinach/banana/strawberries/orange/maca powder/hemp hearts/coconut milk/vanilla extract)
Lunch: (at workshop - to be determined.. likely leftover chicken & red pepper strips if I remember to pack my lunch)
Snack: Kale chips
Dinner: Beef strips, steamed cauliflower, sweet potato soup
Exercise Plan: Stretching/Arm Workout/Video
Breakfast: Smoothie (Spinach/banana/cherries/pomegranate juice, maca powder)
Lunch: Leftover beef strips, carrot soup, celery sticks
Dinner: Cauliflower rice, salmon
Snack: Crème brulee
Exercise Plan: Stretching/Leg Workout/Swimming (hopefully the pool will be warm!)
Breakfast: Crème Brulee ;) (hey...it has eggs in it! :) )
Lunch: Carrot soup, cucumber, snap peas & tomato salad, beef strips
Dinner: Asparagus, cauliflower mash, pan seared scallops
Exercise Plan: Stretching/Arm Workout/Video/Swimming
Breakfast: Smoothie (Kale/red peppers/ vegetable juice/celery)
Lunch: Bacon, kale chips, tomatoes
Dinner: tbd. crème brulee
Exercise Plan: Stretching/Torso/ Swimming/Hiking
* Books, books, books. I also stopped reading there for a bit. So, I've placed some books on hold at the library and am going to start that again!
* Self portraits - it's been ages since I took some proper ones.
* Write more letters this summer (I'm down 2 thus far! :) )
* Travel to Point Pelee for the Monarch migration and a general wander through this provincial park!
* I need to start seriously marketing my photography and getting out there. Including my pricing PDFs, What to Expect PDFs, etc.
* Printing more cards/stickers
* Find a personal project to seriously pursue
* Hemming my curtains & hanging them
* Getting rid of a bunch of things *craft supplies* and making things with the ones I'm keeping
* Better organizing of my camera gear and business supplies.
* Blogging more frequently
* Cleaning my keyboard (just noticed..this thing is a disaster)
* Revamping my wardrobe slightly - although not as likely to happen... I wear the same clothes pretty much all year, just add sweaters, different shoes, etc. Fix/hem/repair anything.
* Finally update my ipod (really.. I swear this time)
* A whole bunch of DIY/Pinterest projects...just for fun that I can then talk about. :) Like the keys I'm DIY-ing this afternoon! :)
* Work on my budgeting for the fall. Including saving first/last month rent. Hopefully.
* Getting back into dating. I've avoided it for the past year...instead focusing on myself, my business and anything that could take me out of the dating game. Maybe it's time to get back in it. *still yet to be decided*
*Finish some bucket list goals...writing them, planning them...doing them.
* I need to make new friends to hang out with. I love all my old friends, but reality has slapped me in the face. They are all married with kids, live a million miles away and just don't share the same interests I do. It's a sad reckoning...but that's life. We've just all grown separately..no harm, no foul. And as much as I don't want to hang out with their kids for a vacation/day off (I'm with kids ALL the time), they feel the same about the things I want to do as well. *shrugs* My plan is to just get more involved with groups and outings. Creative, crafty, adventurous, Sunday farmer's market types need apply.
* Repair my Netbook. Clean out my hardrive. Clear out my external drive.
* BCBound and I still chat from time to time...think it may be fun to go out and visit him at some point. Will see. ;)
* As always... take more photos.
As for the budgeting portion of this blogpost...
1. I need to spend less money/make more money. This has been the toughest part obviously.
-- sell off some belongings on eBay
-- sell more prints on Etsy
-- book more sessions -- really cement the business down.
2. There are pieces I need/want to purchase for the business (ideally a space would be nice!*LOL*), but I can't/won't do it until I get more bookings (obvious reasons*LOL*)
3. There are 31 days in July. I'm aiming to make 25 of them as no-spend days. (Likely means the 6 are gonna be above the norm. Eeek) I'm also not counting days where normal payments are being made.
4. I am prepaying my August rent in July(mainly so I don't have to worry about it in August, when money gets tighter at the beginning of the month)
Wait and see... wait and see. :)